Friday, May 24, 2013

I will paste a photo of the newest members of our family when I get a chance but as it stands now, we have a new dog we brought into the family this winter. With Beckett having found a better home for his needs, we still needed another dog to now accompany Abby. Abby was supposed to be the accompanying dog for Beckett initially but ended up being our sole dog after Beckett moved away.


I had been searching for a companion dog for Abby since Beckett left, knowing full well that once I found work again, she would be home alone by herself. As fate would have it, she wasn't destined to be a lone-homebody dog at all. Out of the blue, our trainer Kim posted a picture of a cute little black Puli that was being adopted out. I instantly loved his look as did Darrin. The big deal, making sure Abby liked him and he was a suitable dog for our family dynamics. We applied for the adoption but in the mean time took Abby over to meet this dog, who's name was Ziggy because he was a dog that would grow up to look like he had dreadlocks. We didn't like the name and after we discovered he and Abby were the best of friends, and we were accepted as his new home, we changed his name to be Beckett. Seeing that Darrin and I loved the name and we truly didn't get a chance for attaching to the first Beckett, we renamed Ziggy to Beckett and it only took about a week for the transfer to be complete. Abby and Beckett are great dogs. High energy and maximum rough play without fighting. They can total a living room faster than 4 three year olds!

During the winter there was also another adoption but he didn't come to our place right away. Actually as I type this, Toddy, my new horse is wrapping up a month's training at John Barrett's in Hunter River where both Toddy and I went through training processes.  This weekend Toddy is coming to the property and I have to get ready for him. It has been an expensive month but the training and the insider riding trainer tips I have received have been invaluable. I feel completely in sync with Toddy and I think we're both learning the ropes together at the same time. That is just fine with me since I don't intend to be a wild cowboy and Toddy isn't all that happy about running full out anyway! LOL

The time is moving along so rapidly and the dear friend whom I've had the pleasure of knowing for a few years now and who also shares the adoption experience, has terminal cancer and has been a wonderful inspiration through this whole process. Jessie was the one who introduced me to Toddy in the first place knowing full well I would fall in love with him and somehow find a way to include Toddy into my life.

There are few people in my life who truly know how much of a life dream this has been for me. I first picked up the desire for having a horse when I did some work with my ex- father in law over 20 years ago. Now I actually have my very own 'forever' horse that will grow with me and grow old with me. Darrin has been there every step of the way with constant support even when he couldn't understand why I wanted it so much. Life is indeed filled with wonderful moments that make everything seem perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment